Tired of your game posts being hidden in SIMILAR POSTS groupings? Here’s the fix:
Feed Filter is a great Facebook add-on that automatically expands SIMILAR POSTS groupings. It also lets you keep your Facebook feed set to Recent News and display as many extra Older Posts as you want without having to click Older Posts. And it have lots of other handy filters to control exactly what you want to see in your news feed.
Dowload Feed Filter at: www.chocolatesoftware.com/firefox
(Feed Filter is only for the Firefox browser. If you don’t already have Firefox installed, you’ll need to download it first at www.mozilla.com.)
Once you install Feed Filter, your SIMILAR POSTS will automatically be expanded, by default. If you want to explore other options, click Tools > Feed Filter Options while you’re in Facebook.
This is the best Facebook improvement I’ve found in a long time! I can see all my FarmVille posts, even the older ones, and easily search through them all if I need to.
Hope you find this helpful, too. Post your comments below and let me know…
Are you missing posts on your Facebook Home page? Maybe you are, but just don’t know it….
Suddenly today the Facebook feed started hiding FarmVille posts in huge hidden groupings marked with a “SIMILAR POSTS” link, which you have to click to see the posts. I just saw one grouping that contained 74 hidden posts! Anyone who plays social networking games like FarmVille knows that this means we can’t see all the posts of collectibles, Mystery Eggs, bonuses, gifts requests, etc. It’s so easy to miss the little “SIMILAR POSTS” headings.
The groupings also seem to change, so if you go to another page and back to your Home page, the “73 SIMILAR POSTS” grouping might now be a “49 SIMILAR POSTS” grouping, with the remaining posts showing up individually now. Who can keep track of which posts we’ve seen or not??
I know that non-gamers don’t always want to see the constant deluge of gamer’s posts, but is this really the best solution you could come up with? What’s up with that, Facebook?
We want a way to see ALL of our game posts, please!
If you agree, become a fan of this Facebook page:
Get rid of the SIMILAR POSTS groupings… WE’RE MISSING POSTS!
You can unlock the Hot Rod Tractor in FarmVille with a few hours’ work, without cheats or paying FarmVille cash. Here’s how I did it.
How much time could you save by working your FarmVille farm 9 plots at a time? Exactly. But the last thing most of us need is yet another game to learn and keep track of. Wow, was I surprised that it took less than one day to reach Level 10 and unlock the Hot Rod Tractor! And I only spent about 2-3 hours actual playing time on Mafia Wars. [Note: You must be at least Level 12 in FarmVille to unlock the Hot Rod Tractor.]
Steps to Reach Level 10 in Mafia Wars and Unlock FarmVille Hot Rod Tractor
[Disclaimer: I am not a Mafia Wars expert. I'm simply sharing what I did to reach Level 10 in less than a day.]
- Start playing Mafia Wars. In FarmVille, go the the Market and click Vehicles. Under the Hot Rod Tractor with the big M next to it, click Get This. On the pop-up message, click PLAY. [If you get a "Page not found" error, you need to unblock Mafia Wars in your applications settings.]
- Create your screen name. Choose a good one, just for fun, since you’ll have to pay to change it later. A street name or something like a Sopranos character, maybe.
- Do jobs. The goal is to earn lots of Experience Points so you can level up quickly. To do this, click Jobs under the Mafia Wars logo and start doing jobs. Pretty soon you’ll run out of energy (shown along the top, under the Mafia Wars logo), and you’ll have to wait for your energy to refill. To do jobs, you’ll also need cash. You can earn cash from jobs, but you’ll earn more if you have lots of neighbors (members of your Mafia) because you get money from their activities, too. Keep doing jobs until you reach the level you want. I suggest doing the jobs that don’t require you to buy expensive items first.
- Add to your Mafia (add neighbors). Go to the following Facebook Fan Page to find FarmVille players who also play Mafia Wars:
FARMVILLE – ADD MAFIA WARS NEIGHBORS – GET HOT ROD TRACTOR IN 1 DAY
I recommend this source of neighbors instead of Mafia Wars groups because these neighbors all play FarmVille, so you’ll get the added bonus of all their FarmVille goodies posted to your Facebook feed.
- Increase your Energy capacity. Near the upper-right of your Home page in Mafia Wars, it says Profile. Anytime Profile has a +1 or + any number after it, click Profile and then add all your available points to your Energy. Energy is the main thing you need to do jobs so you’ll earn experience points and level-up. Your energy level is displayed below the Mafia Wars logo (look for the little lightening bolt).
- Visit your Mafia Wars Home page often. If you’re ever lost, click Home under the Mafia Wars logo (don’t click Home in the Facebook menu). Your Mafia Wars Home page will usually point you to what job to do next. If in doubt, just keep doing jobs until you run out of energy and then wait a while until your energy restores itself.
How to Unlock All the FarmVille Hot Rods
- Unlock Hot Rod Tractor: Play Mafia Wars to Level 10
- Unlock Hot Rod Harvester: Play Mafia Wars to Level 18 and Travel to Bangkok
- Unlock Hot Rod Seeder: After you’re at least Level 15 in Mafia Wars, level up 5 more times (to at least Level 20)
Once you unlock each hot rod, you’ll still need to pay 45,000 FarmVille coins to buy it. To earn coins quickly, see:
Get Unlimited Coins from Your Chicken Coop
The LONELY CHICKEN METHOD to Make Lots of FarmVille Coins
FAST HORSE METHOD to Earn Unlimited Coins
Boost Coins with Your Neighbors’ Help